Entry#9 i, robot

 The more we evolve as a species, the easier it becomes to find new ways to make things convenient. For example, cashiers are now being replaced by robots, while bank tellers and clerks are also being affected by robots taking over their jobs. Many of these kinds of everyday jobs, I can understand being replaced. It makes things faster. We have now become accustomed to having less human interaction and being on the go. We don't want to be talked to about our day by the person working at the cash register and be obligated to say the same thing back when, in reality, you really don't care and just want to leave (just me?). Which leads me to this point: there are certain jobs robots shouldn't take over.

Chefs are one of the jobs that should never be replaced by robots. Food is a very personal bond between a person and food. Think of it as having a child. You created the child and are witnessing its development and transformation until it's ready to leave home and start a new life. The same is true when making food from scratch. Making food and preparing it for its final form is like seeing it grow up (just me again?). The point is, making food is not something you can teach a robot to do... You can, but it wouldn't be the same. Imagine having your mom or dad's food prepared by a robot. It could taste the same or even better, but it would lack the personal attachment to it. Imagine having your food made by a robot instead of your mom or dad cooking meals from home. It could taste the same or even better, but it will lack that personal bond between you and your parent's cooking. When my mom makes me food, I sometimes say to myself, "Wow, my mom made this for me." I've seen pictures of Japanese robots taking over hibachi chefs' jobs. Seeing them operate is cool, but would you rather see a person in front of you making the food or a robot? Seeing it cooked in front of you by a person, making you laugh and feel happy, is something a robot can't do like a human does.

Making food is a wonderful thing in life that shouldn't be tarnished by human laziness.

Comments

  1. I definity agree with your point here. I have experienced the passion of cooking and really enjoy the feeling I get from it. Nothing can compare to a family's home cooked meal when it comes to the bond and human interaction. It's something a robot can't take away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your blogs. I think robots will be taking over a lot of stuff. robots cannot put the human touch on food.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment